- “The Heresy of Relevance: Bonhoeffer’s Warning to Preachers.” Pro Ecclesia: A Journal of Catholic and Evangelical Theology, 31, no. 1 (Feb. 2022) 73-93.
- “Reclaiming an Eschatological Imagination: A Dogmatic Sketch.” Cultural Encounters: A Journal for the Theology of Culture 17, no.1 (Spring 2022) 5-27.
- “In the Presence of Poppies: Remembrance Day and Christian Worship.” Didaskalia, 29 (2019-2020) 20-39.
- “Teaching Preaching in a Time of Cultural Change: The Forgotten Story of John J.A. Proudfoot, Knox College,” Canadian Society of Presbyterian History Papers, (2018), 3-15.
- “Ecclesiological Developments in Canadian Evangelical Theology,” Canadian-American Theological Review, vol. 6, no. 2 (2017) 1-14.
- “A Matter of Mission: Bonhoeffer, The Bible and Ecclesial Formation,” Didaskalia, vol. 27 (2017-2018) 49-74.
- “Unapologetically (A)Political: Stanley Hauerwas and the Practice of Preaching,” Didaskalia, vol. 25, (Fall 2015) 128-157.
- “Tolkien and the Adventure of Discipleship: Imaginative Resources for a Missional Ecclesiology,” Canadian Theological Review, vol. 3, no. 2 (2014) 84-96.
- “Remembering Rightly: The Pastoral Dilemma of Remembrance Day,” Missio Dei: Tyndale Seminary’s Journal of Missional Christianity no. 5 (Nov. 2013).
- “The Death of an Extremist,” Theodidaktos: Journal for EMC Theology and Education, vol. 14, no. 1 (2019), 25-31.
- Review of Reading Scripture as the Church: Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Hermeneutic of Discipleship, By Derek W. Taylor. Studies in Christian Ethics 35, no. 2 (May 2022): 418-421.
- Review of The Church in a Secular Age: A Pneumatological Reconstruction of Stanley Hauerwas’s Ecclesiology, by Silje Kvamme Bjørndal. Reading Religion (2021).
- Review of Evangelical vs. Liturgical: Defying a Dichotomy, by Melanie C. Ross. Didaskalia, 29 (2019-2020): 102-104.
- Review of Losing Susan: Brain Disease, the Priest’s Wife, and the God Who Gives and Takes Away, by Victor Lee Austin. Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith 70, no. 3 (September 2018) 200-201.
- Review of Loving Later Life: An Ethics of Aging, by Frits de Lange. Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith 68, no. 2 (June 2016) 199-201.
- Review of From Nothing: A Theology of Creation, by Ian A. McFarland. Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith 67, no. 2 (June 2015):151-152.
- Review of Bonhoeffer the Assassin? Challenging the Myth, Recovering His Call to Peacemaking, by Mark Thiessen Nation, Anthony G. Siegrist, and Daniel P. Umbrel. Conrad Grebel Review 32, no. 2 (Spring 2014): 215-216.
- Review of A Pacifist Way of Knowing: John Howard Yoder’s Nonviolent Epistemology, by John Howard Yoder. Conrad Grebel Review 30, no. 2 (Spring 2012): 211-212.
Resources for wayfarers and wanderers